Google Drive Space at NC State
Rules and regulations governing Google Drive space
You must use all of your NC State-supplied file space in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the use of information technology at NC State. Before you begin using your space, be sure to familiarize yourself with these, especially Computer Use Regulation (REG 08.00.2).
About Google Drive space
- Backed up securely and supported by Google
- Amount of free space: 30 GB (This quota is shared between your Gmail & Drive account)
Installing Google Drive
- If you are an employee with a managed desktop, Google Drive will be connected for you automatically.
- If you do not have a managed desktop, you can download and install Google Drive yourself as follows:
- Go to the Google Drive introductory page.
- After you've explored this page to learn about Google Drive, click:
Go to Google Drive.
- Click the bar to download Google Drive for your operating system.
You can download and install Google Drive on each machine you use.
Accessing your Google Drive space
- Accessible only with a Web browser
- No drive mapping is needed