iOS Configure Send Mail As
iOS Configure Send Mail As and FAQ's
Gmail and Google Apps users can send mail from a custom "From" address using the web browser on their iOS device or computer. Your Stanford GSB account has already been set to use your email@example.com as the default send from address when accessing it through the Web browser, if that was set as your default address in Exchange.
Google Apps users can send mail from their iOS mail app using a custom "From" address. To enable this feature, do the following:
- On your iOS device, go to m.google.com/sync.
- Tap the Sign in with your Google Account button
- Enter your unityID@ncsu.edu as the email address and your unity password in the password field and click Sign in.
- Select your device and check Enable "Send Mail As" for this device
How long does it take to change my Send Mail As address on my iOS device?
By default, it takes up to 24 hours to change the Send Mail As address. If you need to update this sooner, you can manually reset the address. To do this, go to m.google.com/sync on your mobile device, and disable this feature, then enable it again. The new settings will take effect the next time you sync.
How can I add a different 'Send Mail As' address?
To add an additional address follow these steps.
- Sign in to https://gmail.ncsu.edu using your web browser.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail settings and select the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address you own.
- In the 'Email address' field, enter your name and alternate email address.
- Use Gmail's servers to send your mail.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it.
- Open your other account and either click the link in the message Gmail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail settings.
For additional info and alternate directions for Google Apps customers, see Sending mail from a different address.
I've enabled Send Mail As. Can I send email from multiple Gmail addresses from my iOS device?
You can only use the default "Send mail as" email address that's configured in the Gmail web interface.
For example, if you want to send one email from firstname.lastname@example.org, and a second email from email@example.com from your iOS device, you would first need to change your default email address in your Gmail settings using a web browser. Learn more.
Because (as noted above) changing your Send Mail As address on your iOS device can take up to 24 hours, we recommend that if you need to send mail from multiple email addresses, to use Gmail in your web browser.
I'm using IMAP and not Google Sync. Can I still Send Mail As from my iOS device?
This "Send Mail As" feature is for iOS users using Google Sync (Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync®) to send their email. This Google Sync Send Mail As feature doesn't work for users using IMAP or POP on their iOS device.