Note: OIT strongly encourages Google Apps @ NC State users to explore and use the features of Gmail exclusively through a Web browser for at least 30 days before considering a desktop email program. Chrome is the preferred browser. Exceptions include for MyPack Portal access, accessibility requirements (such as for screen readers), and to do mail merges.
Use the following IMAP Settings:
- Username: your full NC State email address (e.g., UnityID@ncsu.edu)
Note: This must be the fully-qualified address, so be sure to include the @ncsu.edu in it.
- Password: your Unity password
- IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Security type: SSL (always)
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Security type: SSL (always) (or SSL/TLS)
- Authentication method: Normal password